Japan is a perfect blend of modern engineering and design, culture, customs, and natural vistas that can take your breath away. It has embraced the new without letting go of its roots. A trip to this beautiful country is bound to leave you mesmerised by the impeccable blend of ancient and modern living. Thousands of tourists visit Japan every year and leave with a bag full of memories.
If you are planning a trip to Japan, we recommend you research the country and the places you want to visit before creating an itinerary. We would also recommend you consider buying a travel insurance Japan policy that offers comprehensive protection from emergencies while in a foreign country.
Do I Need Travel Insurance for Japan Trip?
It is not compulsory for travellers to have a medical or travel insurance policy to visit Japan. However, this is applicable only to travellers who plan to leave within three months. If they plan to stay longer, they need to enrol themselves in the country’s health system.
Life in Japan is not cheap. When travelling alone, you face numerous risks and challenges that can cause physical harm or damage. With the right travel insurance for foreigners in Japan, you can easily manage any medical or non-medical emergencies. Besides, the baggage insurance component can ensure minimal loss if your baggage is lost or stolen. But make sure you compare insurance providers and plans and use online travel insurance calculators to find the best coverage at a highly affordable cost.
Places to Visit in Japan
Here is a list of important places that you might want to visit while touring Japan:
- Tokyo – Tokyo is the capital of Japan and a must-visit for all travellers for its state-of-the-art structures and lip-smacking street food.
- Kyoto – If you want to experience the Japan of yesteryears, then Kyoto is the place to be. A quick trip to Kyoto can offer an interesting glimpse into the bygone culture and traditions of the country.
- Takayama – This is a small town with picturesque postcard-like frames at every turn. Imagine wooden homes, manicured trees, and mesmerising shrines, Takayama can offer an amazing experience.
- Hakone – Mount Fuji is known around the world for being the second-highest volcano in Asia. When you visit the small town of Hakone, you can catch a glimpse of the magnanimous Mount Fuji and its reflection in Lake Ashi.
- Kanazawa – This district also has a lot of history to share with the world. There are dedicated geisha zones that you can visit and experience life in Japan – the way it was, just like Toshogu Shrine.
Some Interesting Things To Do in Japan
- Japan is known as the Land of the Rising Sun. Hence, when you visit Japan, make sure you get up before sunrise and experience the daybreak – it is magical.
- Japanese cuisine is unique. Don’t miss out on the local street food.
- If you are travelling at a time when there is a local festival or celebration, take time to experience it.
- Participate in a Japanese Tea Ceremony.
- Japan has one of the best infrastructures and fastest trains in the world.
Japan is a land full of surprises. In fact, while people have spoken extensively about travelling to various parts of the world, not much has been said about Japan yet. Take your time to understand the country, its culture, and its people, and you will be mesmerised. Also, don’t forget to purchase a Japan traveller insurance policy to stay protected against any emergencies. Safe travels!